Friday, January 16, 2009

Week 2 is over for me!

While cracking my whip at Lisa, still had to find time to actually get my pages done as well. Challenge 3 was fun once I figured out which page I was going to use. The rules stipulated that the layout you rescrapped had to be the first layout uploaded in any of your galleries, so not necessarily the oldest one you had. The first page I had at DST was one that I had already rescrapped, and I am not sure how I would have done the page a 3rd time (it just wasn't that great a picture to start with). My first page at NDISB was my "A is for Alligator" page and I just couldn't see the point of rescrapping that. I looked at my TDC gallery and it had an entire song lyric on the page and I loved how it looked. The one at PGD the journaling would have made no sense if you saw the full picture to the extracted image on the page (one of the rules was to keep the wording exactly as it had been on the original page so changing the journalling was not an option). I finally went to my DF gallery (which is my smallest gallery) and I hit pay dirt. I loved the way the page looked, but it wouldn't be to hard to rescrap using newer techniques. Here is my original page...
Photobucket
credits
and my remake...
Photobucket
credits
Challenge 4 has been my hardest challenge yet. The rules were not all that hard, be artsy and uplifting. Artsy I could do, uplifting not so much. I had to ask the ladies at TS for some help with their favorite uplifting quotes and although I did not end up using anything while I was browsing some of the quote sites, I found one that I could work with. It took a lot out of me to be uplifting but I think I managed okay.

Photobucket
credits
There you have my week two. Now I have to wait a couple more days for the next challenge.

No comments: